The Data We Collect
The types of Data we collect from you will depend on the specific type of services and products as requested by or provided to you for the purposes mentioned below, and may include:
- Your personal information, including your name, gender, date of birth, nationality, family status, passport or other identification number, the particulars of your registered status with any of our subsidiaries, associated companies, and/or business associates;
- Your contact information, including but not limited to telephone numbers, mailing addresses, email addresses, and fax numbers;
- Your business information, such as, company name and business title.
- Your credit or other charge cards information, including name of cardholder, card number, billing address and expiry date;
- Your doughnutofficial.com number and password that you will use to assess our Website or mobile application and service.
- Your hobbies and leisure activities.
We may also collect non-personally identifiable information about you, such as, your use of our websites, personal preferences and comments, and responses to promotional offers and surveys.
By providing the Data to us, you acknowledge that such provision is fair and reasonable in the circumstances and we stress that it is not obligatory for you to provide the Data to us. However, if you elect not to provide the Data to us, we may not be able to supply you with the relevant information, services or products.
Purposes for which the Data are Collected and Used
Once an order has been placed at Check Out, you may not amend or cancel the order. An order confirmation will be sent to your email which only indicates receipt of your order request. We reserve the right to not accept, amend or cancel one or all items in your order; an order confirmation is not a guarantee on the acceptance of your order due to but not limited to the following reasons:
- We may use the Data you provide for one or more of the following purposes: For the supply of any other products and/or services which we or our suppliers may offer to you or you may require from us or our suppliers from time to time;
- For use of the online services available at any of our Websites and/or through other telecommunication channels;
- For our own marketing, research, promotional and customer relationship management purposes, such as sending you updates on our or our supplier’s latest offers and promotions in relation to any of our or our suppliers’ products and services from time to time;
- For leasing, development, selling, buying, management or other related services;
- For identification and verification purposes in connection with any of the services or products that may be supplied to you;
- For use of any reward programmes;
- For communicating with you by email, mail, fax, phone or other means;
- For the use of any of our subsidiaries, associate companies and/or business associates in connection with any of the above purposes and/or any of the services such companies and associates may be offering to you from time to time; and/or
- For any other incidental or associated purposes relating to the above and any other purpose which a customer or a service recipient may from time to time agree.
- Analyzing, verifying, and/or conducting credit checks, payment details and/ or conditions, so as to provide you with the related services;
- For auditing.
We will not knowingly or intentionally use, share, sell or rent the Data provided to us in ways unrelated to the purposes aforementioned.
Disclosure and Transfer of Personal Data
We may disclose and transfer the Data to our subsidiaries, associated companies and/or business associates and other persons who we consider appropriate in connection with the services and products provided or to be provided to you; to facilitate communication of news and information about such services and products; and/or otherwise relating to the purposes mentioned above. Otherwise, we will not disclose or transfer the Data to other parties.
The Data you provide to us may also be sourced from or transferred to other jurisdictions outside the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of the People's Republic of China ("Hong Kong") for the purposes mentioned above. We will try to ensure, as far as possible and practicable, that Data sourced or transferred outside Hong Kong is protected to standards in line with the requirements of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Cap. 486 of the Laws of Hong Kong) (the "Ordinance"), subject to any other requirements and limitations of the particular jurisdiction.
We may disclose the Data when required by law or court order of any jurisdiction, or as requested by any government or law enforcement authorities or administrative organs, or in the good faith that disclosure is otherwise necessary or advisable including and without limitation to protect the rights or properties of our company and its subsidiaries and associated companies or in circumstances which we consider to be related to any of the purposes for which the Data are collected. This also applies when we have reason to believe that disclosing the Data is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing interference with our rights or properties, whether intentionally or otherwise, or when anyone else could be harmed by such activities.
In the event of a merger, acquisition, financing, or sale of assets or any other situation involving the transfer of some or all of our business assets, we may disclose customers statistics to those involved in the negotiation or personal information after the transfer.
Retention of the information
In your dealings with us, we retain records of your online transactions for auditing purposes. Our general policy is to retain the information for a reasonable period. We do not offer online facilities for you to delete personal data held by us.
The Data you provide to us will be kept by us in the appropriate form only for as long as is necessary to fulfill the purposes mentioned above after which it will be destroyed.
In order to ensure the correct use and to maintain the accuracy of Data collected from you, as well as preventing unauthorized or accidental access, processing, erasure or other use of the Data, we have implemented various physical, electronic and management measures to safeguard and secure the Data we collect.
Cookies contain information about you and your preferences. For example, if you inquire about rates and availability, the site might create a cookie that contains the details you entered. Or it might only contain a record of which pages within the site you visited, to help the site customize the view for you the next time you visit.
Only the information that you provide, or the choices you make while visiting a website, can be stored in a cookie. For example, the site cannot determine your email name unless you choose to type it. Allowing a website to create a cookie does not give that or any other site access to the rest of your computer, and only the site that created the cookie can read it.
We may also collect information regarding your IP address, browser type, domain name and access time. This information is used for our own research purposes and as it is not linked to any personal information so is separate from the Data. In rare instances, IP addresses may be used to assist in deterring and/or preventing abusive or criminal activity on the website.
Our Commitment to Data Security
To maintain the accuracy of the Data, as well as preventing unauthorized access and ensuring the correct use of the Data, we have carried out appropriate physical, electronic and management measures to safeguard and secure the Data we collect online. We use an industry standard for encryption over the Internet mobile application known as Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol, to protect the Data. When you type in sensitive information such as credit card details, it will be automatically converted into codes before being securely dispatched over the Internet and/or through a mobile application.
The Data you provide to us will be stored in a database for no longer than is necessary. The website has a firewall in place, which should protect the Data collected from you against unauthorized or accidental access. However, complete confidentiality and security is not yet possible over the Internet and/or mobile application, and privacy cannot be assured in your communications to us. You acknowledge that personal information is disclosed at your own risk, and may be subject to unauthorized use by others. This may result in, among others, you receiving unsolicited messages from other parties. We are not responsible in any manner for direct, indirect, special or consequential damages, howsoever caused arising out of the communication of information to us. You are encouraged to protect against unauthorized access to your password and credit card details. Make sure you sign out from your account when finished particularly when using a shared computer.
Our Commitment to Children's Privacy
Protecting the privacy of children is our primary concern. Hence, we will not knowingly collect or maintain Data in our database from persons who are under 13 years of age without prior consent from a parent or guardian.
You always have ultimate choice and control over the type of information you would like to receive from us. When you use our online services or receive our promotional materials, you will have the chance to indicate your choice to receive, or not to receive in future, promotional materials from us or our subsidiaries, associated companies and/or business associates. We will occasionally send you updates about our latest products and services, as well as special offers. Should you decide not to receive any updates from us, feel free to cancel your subscription to these services by contacting us via the contact information provided on the websites or as indicated in the relevant materials.
How to Access or Correct Your Data or Contact Us
You are entitled to access or correct any Data relating to you held by us. If you wish to obtain a copy of any of your Data or if you believe that the Data relating to you which we collect and maintain is inaccurate, please contact any members of our customer service or contact us by email at email@example.com. In accordance with the terms of the Ordinance, we have the right to charge a reasonable fee for the processing of any data access request.
This notice is in compliance with the Ordinance.
This Notice is written in the English language and may be translated into other languages. In the event of any inconsistency between the English version and the translated version of this notice, the English version shall prevail.